2014-2015 Coach Selection
If you are interested coaching for the current season, please submit a Coaching Application to Steve Wall:
Click here for the Coaching Application.
Note, that if you are considering coaching, assistant Coach, Manager or Trainer, please remember that Police Checks are required. Please contact a member of the executive and we will provide you with a form to complete. There is no cost to you to have a police check completed, but it can take a few weeks, so best to begin the process early.Job Description
(Responsibilities of Coach & Bench Staff/Managers)
Fair Play Codes
- Must follow the aims and goals of SDMHA as outlined through its constitution and policies.
- Ensure the objectives as outlined in the manual of Operations of the Ontario Minor Hockey Association are met.
- Coach shall strive to ensure Fair Play Codes as set out by the Canadian Hockey Association are met.
- Coach shall ensure practices are effective and well-planned.
- Coach and bench staff shall refrain from the use of foul language during all tem functions, both on and off the ice.
- All coaches are required by SDMHA to hold a team meeting at the start of the season with all parents and players present. An executive member will also sit in on this meeting.
- A coach may compile a set of "Team Rules" which must be submitted to the executive for approval, prior to enforcing these rules on a team.
- Eligible applicants and all team staff will be required to pass a Police Record Chick before the team can be registered.
- Each coach shall complete or update all required OMHA Certification in a reasonable team frame as set out by the OMHA.
- I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices, remembering that players have other interests and obligations.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
- I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my players for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the players ages and abilities.
- I will remember that participants need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
- I will work in cooperation with officials for the benefit of the game.
- I have read and agree to abide by the Job Description and Fair Play Codes.